Who we are
The Tikvah Center for Jewish Recovery and Healing coordinates a network of
community-based services and supports. We are person-centered and build on the strengths and resiliencies of individuals, families, and communities. We help our clients and communities to access strength, resilience, and recovery-based approaches to living. We specialize in offering Jewish attuned, spiritually integrated psychotherapy to individuals, families, and groups to overcome addiction and psychological disorders.
At the Tikvah Center for Jewish Recovery and Healing, we are committed to providing high-quality care with a genuine human touch. We respect the choices of our clients and their confidentiality, and we strive to safeguard the religious and spiritual values of our clients.
- recognize that we are created B’tzelem Elohim, in the image of God, and every individual is unique
- recognize that the Problem is the Problem, people are not the Problem. We do not label people as their problems
- see therapy as a highly collaborative process and therefore as a unique journey for each individual
- recognize people as experts on their lives. We honor their use of language, their values, and their understanding of their experiences
- recognize the harm that comes from discrimination and stigma, and therefore practice psychotherapy, spiritual counseling, consultation, and training that affirms the value of difference
- establish a therapeutic collaboration based on mutual accountability and trust